The 2016 application will open on February 11. Check out our winners here. If you’re interested in applying in 2016, let us know.
What do applicants receive?
All applicants will receive:
- Customized individual benchmark report prepared for your organization, allowing you to compare your results with those of the other applicants and 99 winners. (Published in the Fall)
- The 2016 NorthCoast 99 Winners’ Report, a comprehensive summary of best practices, benchmark data, stories, examples, and case studies based on data provided by the NorthCoast 99 Winners. (Published in the Fall)
NorthCoast 99 winners will receive:
- Significant branding and promotional support to announce your win, including year-long recognition on the NorthCoast 99 website and recognition in a special NorthCoast 99 supplement to the September issue of Cleveland Magazine.
- Exclusive “Branding Your Win” program during August where you will receive a branding guide that provides tips and tools for promoting your win.
- Hand-delivered custom framed lithograph award.
- Optional in-person meeting with our team to review your summary reports.
- Two complimentary invitations to the exclusive annual awards event with the option to purchase additional seats is also offered to all winning organizations.
Reason #1: Business Performance
It's been proven time and again that top performers are more productive and more satisfied with their jobs. Discover what drives top performers and how you can attract and retain them within your organization.
Reason #2: Benchmarking with Other Top Local Workplaces
How are you doing in comparison to your neighbor? What are some innovative things local organizations are doing to attract and retain top talent? Apply and find out. Every organization that applies receives a complimentary benchmarking report, summarizing their application responses to the other NorthCoast 99 organizations. This tool provides a blueprint on possible workplace initiatives for the short and long term, and also validation for current organizational initiatives.
Reason #3: Important Recruiting Tool
Be a talent magnet! The NorthCoast 99 award is unique. It isn’t a popularity contest and it doesn’t just recognize any employer. We recognize employers that excel at attracting and retaining top performing people. Top performers want to work for top organizations. NorthCoast 99 has connected winners with countless talented and eager job candidates. Being a NorthCoast 99 winner showcases your organization as a great place to work and drives top talent your way.
Reason #4: Valuable Branding Opportunity
NorthCoast 99 winners proudly use the award as a badge of honor for their workplace and their organization. They use the "NorthCoast 99 Winner" badge on marketing collateral, advertising and in recruiting material to promote their organization as a great place to work. In addition, NorthCoast 99 winners are promoted online and in the local press.
Reason #5: One of the top business events of the year
The annual NorthCoast 99 Awards gathers nearly 1,000 of the region's top HR and business professionals for a night of networking unlike any other business event in town. In addition to honoring the winners, the annual event features internationally-known keynote speakers and entertainment from some of the most unique acts around!
To be eligible for the award, your organization must have been in existence for a minimum of 3 years and have at least 15 full-time equivalent employees in Northeast Ohio. Only employers located in Northeast Ohio are eligible for the award. For the purpose of this award, Northeast Ohio is defined as the 22-county region including the following: Ashland, Ashtabula, Carroll, Columbiana, Crawford, Cuyahoga, Erie, Geauga, Harrison, Holmes, Huron, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Richland, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, Tuscarawas, and Wayne counties.
If your organization is selected as one of the NorthCoast 99 winners, you may also be selected for one of a number of "Special Awards". Selection is based on your submissions and the awards and award winners will be honored at the NorthCoast 99 Awards Dinner and highlighted in the September issue of Community Leader Magazine (part of Cleveland Magazine).